Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Online language courses?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

Online language courses? Empty
PostSubject: Online language courses?   Online language courses? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:49 pm

I've just been thinking lately... I know I can rely on my girlfriend to help me with Vietnamese, at least a little bit... But if I'm going to be staying in Vietnam for 6 months at the very least, just having her teaching me bits and pieces of the language isn't going to cut it.

I originally was going to look at Rosetta Stone but buying the first 3 level courses already cuts into my current entire savings for my trip there, so that's a no go....

Do any of you know any good, uh... Places to go to that have good/recommendable online courses for learning a language (in this case Vietnamese)? I want to find one, of course... But I don't want to find the wrong one. This is stuff that may potentially affect my entire future, maybe I'll wind up staying in Vietnam one day or maybe Sophie will wind up staying in America.

Either way, I need to know a trustworthy website to go to for learning Vietnamese, as self-study has not proven to be efficient enough for me to grasp the language fluently enough to go to Vietnam with.

Please also note, I'm not going there until around September or October of 2015. That's still a good 18 months away, so I have plenty of time on my hands should your recommendations take time.
Back to top Go down
g-nome
g-nome

PostSubject: Re: Online language courses?   Online language courses? EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 12:32 am

boytitan2 on 2/27/13 at 6:14 PM wrote:
Do I always have to be the translator here sighs.
Back to top Go down
Mie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Mie

Female Posts : 1136

PostSubject: Re: Online language courses?   Online language courses? EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:37 am

g-nome wrote:

---

There is a software called Pimsleur. I'm very sure you can find Viet there and learn it.... look for it on piratebay so you don't have to buy (unless you want to ofc).

It's very good, I've been practicing French and Korean there.
Hope you like it.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Online language courses?   Online language courses? EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Mie wrote:
g-nome wrote:

---

There is a software called Pimsleur. I'm very sure you can find Viet there and learn it.... look for it on piratebay so you don't have to buy (unless you want to ofc).

It's very good, I've been practicing French and Korean there.
Hope you like it.
Apparently there's only 1 course and it's only for 1/3 of the entire course or something - Still I'll give it a shot and see how well it does - Thanks so much.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Online language courses?   Online language courses? EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:02 pm

Pirate stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online language courses?   Online language courses? Empty

Back to top Go down

Online language courses?
Page 1 of 1