Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Logical Fallacies.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Abbot
Tony Abbot

Logical Fallacies. Empty
PostSubject: Logical Fallacies.   Logical Fallacies. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:44 am

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

This is a must read for many people who have been posting and arguing without understanding the logic behind their own claims.

An example of how to counterattack the Ad hominem fallacy (my personal favourite) would be...

Topic being argued - Who is the better player? A or B?
A - You're terrible at this game. You use Eris, and spam right click but when you try to aim with a pierce gun, you can't do any damage.
B - ur a dumb shit, you don't know anything about my Eris or hopper blah blah blah.
A - I might be dumb shit, however does that make you any less terrible at this game?

At this point B will just continue pulling shit from his arse.
Back to top Go down
Saitama
Hostile Forumer
Saitama

Logical Fallacies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logical Fallacies.   Logical Fallacies. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Tony Abbot wrote:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

This is a must read for many people who have been posting and arguing without understanding the logic behind their own claims.

An example of how to counterattack the Ad hominem fallacy (my personal favourite) would be...

Topic being argued - Who is the better player? A or B?
A - You're terrible at this game. You use Eris, and spam right click but when you try to aim with a pierce gun, you can't do any damage.
B - ur a dumb shit, you don't know anything about my Eris or hopper blah blah blah.
A - I might be dumb shit, however does that make you any less terrible at this game?

At this point B will just continue pulling shit from his arse.
Well, if you actually think about it, if you are dumb shit, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, making point A irrelevant. It's not like I'm saying that "u are dumb shit" is a good comeback, just saying that it could be seen from another perspective. Unless you have proof that the other guy is shit at the game, of course, or if the other guy has proof that you are dumb shit.

Logical Fallacies. Keepte10

This is an example, I can tell that Draven that he sucks dick for feeding like that, with proof. He can say I'm dumb shit, but doesn't have any kind of proof to back up his claim.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

Logical Fallacies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logical Fallacies.   Logical Fallacies. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:04 pm

That's just ad hominem; there are dozens of logical fallacies that are rampant in this forum. Why not cover the Slippery Slope or Circular Logic themes?
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

Logical Fallacies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logical Fallacies.   Logical Fallacies. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:47 pm

But if you refute that claim you will only get more insults!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6abFih31Sb0
Back to top Go down
Tony Abbot
Tony Abbot

Logical Fallacies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logical Fallacies.   Logical Fallacies. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:43 pm

KidGlitch wrote:
That's just ad hominem; there are dozens of logical fallacies that are rampant in this forum. Why not cover the Slippery Slope or Circular Logic themes?
Circular logic is commonly used by many Christians.

e.g.

A - God exists because he created the world. The world exists because god created it.
B - Using that logic I can make stuff up. I exist because I am the creator of this world. The world exists because I created it by accident.

Slippery slope logic I haven't actually seen this used very often but I'm pretty sure there are many examples in politics and in the media.

I remember it was used by the girls when I was in the 2nd grade.

e.g.

A - You're a bitch.
B -

A bitch is a female dog.
A dog is an animal.
Animal is part of nature.
Nature is beautiful.
Opposite of beautiful is ugly.
And ugly is you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Logical Fallacies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logical Fallacies.   Logical Fallacies. Empty

Back to top Go down

Logical Fallacies.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: The Lounge-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com