Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My quick thoughts on intels new socket lga 1150

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

My quick thoughts on intels new socket lga 1150  Empty
PostSubject: My quick thoughts on intels new socket lga 1150    My quick thoughts on intels new socket lga 1150  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:47 am

Short answer
Its a waste of fucking cash don't buy it

Long answer

So um why the new socket...No really now things are just looking cluttered this barely is a upgrade over socket 1155 I mean like by wat 1% at most. Why even make a i7 for it again not much of a upgrade over the i7 3770k and the rich extremest would just get a socket 2011 cpu which still is barely worth the money I feel. With this whole bga thing why not keep the socket solely for tablets and laptops that seems like the goal with optimization in power and improved graphics so this would have been better if kept as mobile only and a separate socket from the desktop lineup .That way the next i7 could have had more time to be developed and improved upon,socket lga 1155 would have stayed in use and most likely more people would have upgraded that way like your intel core i5 user. The only reason I can see for a socket replacement is more money and intel may in fact make less money by doing this.They should have just kept these few new features for the mobile market where they have value and upgraded 1155 more and never made 1150 to begin with.

Btw lower power consumption is for the lower end stuff I am assuming since the i7 4770k has higher heat and power consumption than a 3770k so you could probably over clock a 3770k to be better than a 4770k.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: My quick thoughts on intels new socket lga 1150    My quick thoughts on intels new socket lga 1150  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:43 am

It IS a waste of money, imho.
I still stick with my Z77, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

Female Posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: My quick thoughts on intels new socket lga 1150    My quick thoughts on intels new socket lga 1150  EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 12:01 pm

The problem isn't the Z87 chipset at all. The Z87 motherboards are fucking amazing. The problem here is that the haswell series is dumb and not worth it, way too hot. just go with an ivy bridge.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My quick thoughts on intels new socket lga 1150    My quick thoughts on intels new socket lga 1150  Empty

Back to top Go down

My quick thoughts on intels new socket lga 1150
Page 1 of 1