Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon discussion

Go down 
+42
uiso
EXNova
Winty
IronDicks
blead
exoakutsu
Admin
LazFlamme
rei_hunter
AhegaoMaster
God is a Cat Girl
Saitama
AnTi90d
Shai
Hyoka
TrieDaEsprit
KidGlitch
darkomen
fhoeng
Silvershine
XiaoFu
LogenVos
UncleBobbie
TerraChika
Seraphcrim
Mew
MagicPotatoplz
CapeMike
Valkyrie
Sean
Poppet
Nilla
Trill
Gerrion
zerocl
Akhenderson
Relict?
boytitan2
That_Wiesel_Guy
Zwiebel Force
Koiro
Astral_Dono
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Poppet
Abbey Cry
Abbey Cry

Female Posts : 284

Pokemon discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Best dance crew evur.

The Current Battle Simulator is Pokemon Showdown, I've played a bunch back when it was still Shoddy Battle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ERfew   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Yay, Pokémon:
I had to retype this entire thing twice. I did it for the Eeveelutions.

These are just some of them.

Last edited by iKray on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed images)
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Awwwww yeah, Pokemon ftw!

I might add more in my sig later. =P
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Nilla wrote:
Does anyone play on PO? I used to play awhile ago and I kinda want a battle or two
oh and I play black/white wifi OU tier

I played on Netbattle and then stopped and then played on Shoddy Battle and then stopped and then on PO and then stopped.

I would be up for that. Maybe sometime this weekend? If you're busy, some other time would be good.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm currently done with the fifth gym in White 2, I should get that Keldeo by now. I want to get national dex as soon as possible so I can trade stuff over from Diamond =A=

Hmm, I get me some sprite too
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
I don't like anything slow and tankey = v= Hence why my two favorite pokemon have high SPEED and SP ATk / ATK stats, respectively. Lol.

I tend to go pure balance with teams...a 'jack of all trades, master of none' setup...I always prefer to have as many options on the table as possible! Very Happy

For example, my current team in White 2 consists of Serperior, Lapras, Electrode, Arcanine, Lucario, and Altaria, with a wide variety of moves built-in...; granted, I'm not even close to being a competitive battler(screw meta, I march to my own beat, thanks), but I still enjoy friendly battles as well as trading with anyone who's willing...

...and yes, that's a hint...toss me a message if you're interested! Cool
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:17 pm

why am i watching this thread everyone here knows by now aside from a few games I DONT LIKE POKEMON. I prefer digimon. Clicks stop watching topic button
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Good riddance.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Oh yes, my team on Pokemon Online...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Let's share FC niggas
Mine is: 2108 7440 9264
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Black 2 Regular DS -> 1507 4467 3516
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Just got done with some trades and a pair of battles vs Astral.... Smile

The 1st battle was a Single battle(lv 50); I got very lucky with a 1st turn Paralyze, thanks to a Thunderbolt from Electrode, and pretty much ate her team alive after that.... Twisted Evil

The 2nd battle was a Double battle(lv 50); this one got ugly right off the bat, and she dropped 2 of my team in the 1st 2 turns...somehow, I got it together, and pulled out a win...wish I had a way to put the battle on Youtube...I saved it to my Vs. Recorder, but have no way to transfer it, heh.

Still, I was sweating bullets for a bit in that 2nd battle, Astral...thanks! Happy Icy
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 pm

If anyone wants to play, I can only play on Pokemon Online due to my dismal internet connection derping on me every single time I online battle with the DS so if anyone wants to hit me up, I'd be more than willing to battle.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 pm

You got really lucky both of those rounds - The paralysis, the confusion, the CONSTANT flinching - And my luck was about as poor as it ever was.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
You got really lucky both of those rounds - The paralysis, the confusion, the CONSTANT flinching - And my luck was about as poor as it ever was.

I tend to use moves that trade power for some kind of secondary effect like that...also, Electrode was holding a Razor Fang...so it's speed all but guaranteed a 1st strike option, plus the flinch/paralyze/confusion factors...; I was having a hard time deciding which items to put on who!

I gather you'll get revenge on me next time! tongue
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:20 pm

CapeMike wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:

I tend to use moves that trade power for some kind of secondary effect like that...also, Electrode was holding a Razor Fang...so it's speed all but guaranteed a 1st strike option, plus the flinch/paralyze/confusion factors...; I was having a hard time deciding which items to put on who!

Huhu, you better believe it. Too bad I considered Azelf and Terrakion legendaries (even though they're not banned legendaries) or I would have used them xD
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
CapeMike wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:

Huhu, you better believe it. Too bad I considered Azelf and Terrakion legendaries (even though they're not banned legendaries) or I would have used them xD

Maybe next time we'll have to adjust our own rules.... Very Happy

As soon as I saw the world Azelf, I had several counter-possibilities pop into my head(including Pokemon not presently in my main team)...; haven't seen Terrakion used enough to have anything ready for it yet, heh.

...I'm much better at devising strategy and tactics than actually fighting...probably explains why I'm not so good at Cosmic Break outside of Support bots, eh? Question
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:29 am

CapeMike wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

As soon as I saw the world Azelf, I had several counter-possibilities pop into my head(including Pokemon not presently in my main team)...; haven't seen Terrakion used enough to have anything ready for it yet, heh.

...I'm much better at devising strategy and tactics than actually fighting...probably explains why I'm not so good at Cosmic Break outside of Support bots, eh? Question
Azelf isnt so much of a problem anymore thanks to the Explosion nerf making its scouting and lead sets being heavily nerfed. But it;s still a pretty good attacker. I think I remember Azelf being UU but I'm not sure.

Terrakion on the other hand has huge attack and to top it off, gets stab Close Combat and Stone Edge, making it a powerful physical force. It even gets Swords Dance (iirc) and Earthquake. Not a lot of things can take hits from a Terrakion and come off fine. Golurk is a decent counter, resisting Stone Edge, taking decent damage from Earthquake due to its sizable bulk and is immune to Close Combat. However, he's not super bulky so you can't take THAT many hits seeing as how Terrakion hits anything more massive damage.

I primarily like playing in the UU tier. Lots of fun and I don't have to worry about the team composition primarily full of Scizors, Ferrothorns and TTars. (Actually, nowadays, weather is a common problem)
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:22 am

Much more variety in UU.

Rain is a bigger problem in OU, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:16 am

Akhenderson wrote:
CapeMike wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

Terrakion on the other hand has huge attack and to top it off, gets stab Close Combat and Stone Edge, making it a powerful physical force. It even gets Swords Dance (iirc) and Earthquake. Not a lot of things can take hits from a Terrakion and come off fine. Golurk is a decent counter, resisting Stone Edge, taking decent damage from Earthquake due to its sizable bulk and is immune to Close Combat. However, he's not super bulky so you can't take THAT many hits seeing as how Terrakion hits anything more massive damage.
You're forgetting how Terrakion also has insane speed, while also having decent SP DEF and DEF. If you pair it with a Tyrannitar, it's SP DEF is raised even higher, essentially making Terrakion a massive, barreling truck.

One strategy I like to use is having a Ninjask constantly use Protect/Substitute while raising it's SPEED. Then once I have the SPEED stat maxed, I'll use Baton Pass and switch out for one of my high ATK pokemon (Usually Terrakion).
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:41 am

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Akhenderson wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

You're forgetting how Terrakion also has insane speed, while also having decent SP DEF and DEF. If you pair it with a Tyrannitar, it's SP DEF is raised even higher, essentially making Terrakion a massive, barreling truck.

One strategy I like to use is having a Ninjask constantly use Protect/Substitute while raising it's SPEED. Then once I have the SPEED stat maxed, I'll use Baton Pass and switch out for one of my high ATK pokemon (Usually Terrakion).

Terrakion is used often enough on HO teams.

I'd watch out for Roar/Whirlwind, Haze, and Unaware, but they don't see much use.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:20 am

Relict? wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
Akhenderson wrote:

I'd watch out for Roar/Whirlwind, Haze, and Unaware, but they don't see much use.

Working off a previous Pokemon I had, I'm presently raising a Haze-Vaporeon meant for just such a stat-change buster situation...it'll be a little while before it's ready, though.... Very Happy

Also planning a Hydration-Gorebyss and a Pickpocket-Shiftry as well as considering potential hotswaps for my Altaria that would need to be at least part Dragon-type and -not- horribly overused! Idea
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Relict? wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
Akhenderson wrote:

I predict he will enter uber tier soon. ( He really should, if they've already sent stuff like Garchomp and Blaziken there. Heck even regenerator Tornadus has been sent there o.o ) Then again he's countered by stuff like Slowbro, Gliscor, Mew, Jellicent, Reuniclus, Hippowdon, Scizor, Azumarill, Conkeldurr, Latios, Tornadus, Gengar, Starmie, Dugtrio, Wobbuffet, and choice scarf Rotom-w and Landorus. Oddly enough the best counters are in the lower tiers.

Reli, roar and whirlwind are often used for stall teams and racking up passive damage (tho prankster taunt makes the choice shift to dragon tail).

Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Never played PO and never played the games competitively, though I used to be really into Pokemon when D/P came out. And welp, I love too many Pokemon, so I'll just put 10 of my top favorites here... ;_;

Spoiler:

The Pokemon I tend to use online are usually UU/NU, because I go 90% on how much I like them, not actual team balance. ; _ ; When I'm just playing through I don't care about stats in any way at all, but they usually end up UU/NU Pokemon anyway.
Oh yeah, favorite Gen 6 starter is Chespin (i think that's his name, the grass one).
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Politoed wrecks the meta

i use it a lot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon discussion
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next