Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon discussion

Go down 
+42
uiso
EXNova
Winty
IronDicks
blead
exoakutsu
Admin
LazFlamme
rei_hunter
AhegaoMaster
God is a Cat Girl
Saitama
AnTi90d
Shai
Hyoka
TrieDaEsprit
KidGlitch
darkomen
fhoeng
Silvershine
XiaoFu
LogenVos
UncleBobbie
TerraChika
Seraphcrim
Mew
MagicPotatoplz
CapeMike
Valkyrie
Sean
Poppet
Nilla
Trill
Gerrion
zerocl
Akhenderson
Relict?
boytitan2
That_Wiesel_Guy
Zwiebel Force
Koiro
Astral_Dono
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

Pokemon discussion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:32 am

StardustAR wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
StardustAR wrote:
Why would you need a Chatot out of all the pokemons out there?
It has a recorder option with the move Chatter
No, I mean why would you need it for the hidden grotto?
Because I could only catch it in a hidden grotto in white 2
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:11 am

Valkyrie wrote:
StardustAR wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Hidden grotto too hard D: Does someone have a chattot to spare? PM me, I'm willing to offer something in return.
The opponent will hear it muffled thanks to people abusing Chatter to send profanities across the DS.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
StardustAR wrote:
The opponent will hear it muffled thanks to people abusing Chatter to send profanities across the DS.
I don't need it for battles.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Hyoka wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Then pray tell, WHAT DO YOU NEED IT FOR!?
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:43 am

StardustAR wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Hyoka wrote:
Then pray tell, WHAT DO YOU NEED IT FOR!?
IV's, Natures, and stuff.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 3:30 am

I don't see how the pokemon's IV and Nature relate to having a single pokemon at all...... Do you by any chance have a Chatot that you don't like or something?
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:00 am

StardustAR wrote:
I don't see how the pokemon's IV and Nature relate to having a single pokemon at all...... Do you by any chance have a Chatot that you don't like or something?
No, I really want it for IV's and natures.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 11:04 am

StardustAR wrote:
IVs and Nature has everything to do with a single pokemon. IVs aren't EVs, IVs are set on the same value forever for that specific pokemon, so having a pokemon with low IVs compared to one with high IVs, the one with higher IVs will be better. Also, the nature affects that for the same purpose - It is set, you cannot change it, and a good or bad nature will make or break a pokemons potential.
Back to top Go down
Saitama
Hostile Forumer
Saitama

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
StardustAR wrote:
IVs and Nature has everything to do with a single pokemon. IVs aren't EVs, IVs are set on the same value forever for that specific pokemon, so having a pokemon with low IVs compared to one with high IVs, the one with higher IVs will be better. Also, the nature affects that for the same purpose - It is set, you cannot change it, and a good or bad nature will make or break a pokemons potential.
My Shiny Gyarados has like 31 ATK and 30 SPD IVs, but its Lonely, so my defense is shit ;_;
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Now let me ask you, what's too hard about the hidden grotto?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:01 pm

StardustAR wrote:
Hidden Grottos aren't like other features where you can reset the DS console any time and have the contents refreshed when the game turns back on. Once the content in the grotto is set, it's set no matter how many times you reset it or how long time passes. The only way to reset it it is to collect/battle whatever is inside and then walk around until the grotto produces another item/pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:16 pm

StardustAR wrote:
-_-;

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/hiddengrotto.shtml
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Bring Ice, Grass, and Electric type attack, a Pokemon with False Swipe (Something like Leavanny and Fridge Rotom, Seedot with Ralts, in case of troublesome changing, try to get a mew [yeah right...]) it's not hard, and you know what is going to appear in there, just make sure you have them pokemon leveled enough, having a bike would be nice since it cuts your time walking and I must say, the place is good for cycling in circles, and you might want to have teleport in case of a fainted pokemon
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:06 pm

StardustAR wrote:
Bring Ice, Grass, and Electric type attack, a Pokemon with False Swipe (Something like Leavanny and Fridge Rotom, Seedot with Ralts, in case of troublesome changing, try to get a mew [yeah right...]) it's not hard, and you know what is going to appear in there, just make sure you have them pokemon leveled enough, having a bike would be nice since it cuts your time walking and I must say, the place is good for cycling in circles, and you might want to have teleport in case of a fainted pokemon
Well ain't you the optimist. In case you didn't read the link, chances of something appearing on reset is rare. Chances of it being a pokemon is even rarer. Then add the fact that there's multiple pokemon in hidden grotto's, and you get why I did 120 runs with 120 max repels, with no good result.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Why use repel when you have a beach nearby, does pokemon from the sea go there? And y'know trying to get a female shiny starter with a very good IV right from the start of the game and then trying to get Pokerus all without any cheating device or tips and suceeded would probably make people either an optimist or dead by suicide
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:41 pm

StardustAR wrote:
Why use repel when you have a beach nearby, does pokemon from the sea go there? And y'know trying to get a female shiny starter with a very good IV right from the start of the game and then trying to get Pokerus all without any cheating device or tips and suceeded would probably make people either an optimist or dead by suicide
>Max repel is 250 steps, hidden grottoes reset at 265 steps.
>I'm simply trying to get my hands on a chatot, so I can breed it and have two.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:51 pm

StardustAR wrote:
The Max Repel is used to keep track of how many steps he's taken since he last entered/exited the grotto.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:55 pm

In other news, did you guys get X/Y?
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 8:12 pm

I'm poor with a broken 3DS so no ; ;
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Koiro10 wrote:
I'm poor with a broken 3DS so no ; ;
;w;
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Koiro10 wrote:
I'm poor with a broken out a 3DS so no ; ;
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm just your average joe in a country where 3DS does not exists outside of the personally imported ones, and as I said before, try getting a shiny female starter pokemon with good IV from the get go without using a cheating device then get a pokerus again, without a cheating device, you will feel almost like a PokeGod once you did that, did I mention Zistral got 5/6 shinies in her team through effort alone? Took her at least three months to do that... The console she used (it was a GBA if I'm not mistaken) got smashed in a renovation, this includes the catridge, last year
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:12 am

StardustAR wrote:
I'm just your average joe in a country where 3DS does not exists outside of the personally imported ones, and as I said before, try getting a shiny female starter pokemon with good IV from the get go without using a cheating device then get a pokerus again, without a cheating device, you will feel almost like a PokeGod once you did that, did I mention Zistral got 5/6 shinies in her team through effort alone? Took her at least three months to do that... The console she used (it was a GBA if I'm not mistaken) got smashed in a renovation, this includes the catridge, last year
Ah, now I understand what you meant by that. Soft Reseting wonder, o.o The only shinies I got were a venonat I randomly encountered in FireRed, and a Floatzel that I encountered when trying to go to the league in diamond.

Sad to hear that Zistral's console got smashed like that.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:46 am

she's over it, or rather, forgot about it, I hypnotized her to make her forget about pokemon in the first place, and then I hypnotized myself so I forgot how to hypnotize and lose the ability to hypnotize, well, at least it doesn't affect the hypnotize move in-game....
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:29 am

Pls don't hurt me:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon discussion   Pokemon discussion - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon discussion
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next